From The Ground Up
The long-term partnership transforming eye care in Myanmar
Mitchell Brinks | | Longer Read
At a Glance
- The Casey Eye Institute has partnered with Siriraj Medical School and the Mandalay Eye & ENT Hospital to improve eye care in
- The program – led by Mitchell Brinks and Yee Yee Aung– has links with four medical institutes in Southeast Asia: two in Myanmar; the Mandalay Eye and ENT Hospital and Shwe Yatu Tipitaka Eye Hospital, and two in Thailand; the Siriraj Medical School and BDMS/Bangkok Hospital System
- Alongside Ophthalmic Specialty Fellowships,, the program offers mid-level personnel training, biomedical engineer training, pediatric screening, training for an Ocularist, Echographer, an improved health database and research capacity development
- The Casey/Myanmar partnership program has grown along with outreach partnerships in the South Pacific and the USA, as the team builds on its outreach programs in Oregon.
Read the full article now
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Ophthalmologist’s entire content archive. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Ophthalmologist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.