Business in Brief
Discover some of the latest business announcements from the world of ophthalmology
Aleksandra Jones | | News
- Alicia Tozier joined Outlook Therapeutics as its Senior Vice President, Marketing and Marketing Access, to support the company’s goal of developing and launching the first FDA-approved ophthalmic formulation of bevacizumab for use in retinal indications.
- The first intraocular pseudophakic contact lens (IOPCL), AccuraSee, aimed to improve near vision in patients with AMD, was implanted by surgeons from Harvard Eye Associates in Laguna Hills, California, USA. The lens implant is designed to magnify images and allow patients to use parts of their retina not affected by the disease.
- HOYA Lens UK partnered with Haag-Streit UK to provide diagnostics and treatment for myopia, addressing the global rise of the condition in children.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, which develops and commercializes ophthalmic therapies for conditions such as DED, glaucoma, DME, and wet AMD, has appointed Peter F. Lang as the company’s CFO.
- EyeBio, a company working on a portfolio of new-generation therapies for a plethora of ocular disorders, has successfully completed a funding round. The money will be used to assemble and develop a diversified pipeline of product candidates using innovative translational approaches.