Business in Brief
The latest industry news in 60 words or less
Phoebe Harkin | | Quick Read
- Rayner has entered the Canadian ophthalmology market. The move, led by Wade Allen, Director of Americas, Rayner Surgical Corp, will offer a full portfolio of IOLs and injectors directly to Canadian surgeons, including the recently approved RayOne Aspheric fully preloaded monofocal IOL. Approval for the full range of RayOne fully preloaded IOLs is imminent.
- SVS Vision has announced Lisa Garity as their new Vice President of Marketing. Garity, who brings 30 years of advertising and marketing experience to the role, will lead the company’s marketing functions, including strategic brand management, advertising and media, digital marketing, creative, and sales promotion.
- Following the acquisition of a number of former Quantel Medical distributors, Lumibird Medical has created three new subsidiaries in Sweden, Finland, and Norway. The move is hoped to boost sales of Quantel Medical and Ellex products – including ultrasound platforms and ophthalmic lasers – in the north of Europe.
- Ophthalmology Glaucoma has published a clinical study assessing the role of Implandata’s EYEMATE system in the remote monitoring of intraocular pressure during lockdown. The paper showed doctors were able to change the therapy of 29 percent of their patients without requiring an office visit.
- Biotech company Axol Bioscience has announced the appointment of Ross Wheatcroft as Global Strategic Accounts Manager. Wheatcroft will lead a growing global team of technical account managers, the first of which – Mark Dahlquist – is already in place covering the US’s Midwestern and Western regions.