Myopia Fundamentals Live Roundtable
During this live roundtable, leading experts discussed the growing prevalence of myopia, how it impacts on other ocular disorders, how it can be prevented and treated
Aleksandra Jones |
Meet the Panel
Andrzej Grzybowski, Professor of Ophthalmology and Chair of Department of Ophthalmology, University of Warmia and Mazury, Olsztyn, Poland, and Head of Institute for Research in Ophthalmology, Foundation for Ophthalmology Development, Poznań, Poland
Sean Ianchulev, Professor of Ophthalmology, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, New York, USA; President and CEO, Eyenovia, Inc.
Sara McCullough, Lecturer in Optometry, Ulster University, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK
Moderator: Aleksandra Jones, Editor, The Ophthalmologist
The panel discussed the following topics:
1. How the prevalence of myopia changed over the past decades.
2. The reasons behind this change according to the latest research.
3. Changes the panelists have noticed within their own practices.
4. Dangers of children becoming myopic at an earlier age.
5. The impact myopia has on other ocular disorders.
6. Prevention - what can be done to prevent myopia by eye care professionals, parents, and governing bodies, and the work that the panelists are doing themselves to educate patients, parents, and teachers, among others.
7. The global picture - what the situation looks like in different world regions, including developing countries.
8. The currently used treatments for myopia.
9. Changes and developments panelists are expecting to see over the next few years in the field of myopia.
10. Innovations theyre looking forward to trying.