Refractive Recovery and COVID-19 Roundtable
Experienced surgeons discuss practical steps that refractive practices can take to deal with the effects of the pandemic
This live roundtable, recorded on June 26, 2020, features an international panel of leading refractive surgeons discussing practical steps and recovery plans to help practices around the world get back on track after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The panel included:
Arthur Cummings, Medical Director of the Wellington Eye Clinic in Dublin, Ireland, who chaired and moderated the discussion
Sheraz Daya, founder and Chairman of Centre for Sight in London, UK
Ben LaHood, refractive, cataract and laser vision correction surgeon in private practice in Auckland, New Zealand
Maria Scott, Chief Medical Officer of Vision Innovation Partners, founding partner and medical director of Chesapeake Eye Care and Laser Center, and Chesapeake Eye Surgery Center, and medical director at TLC Laser Eye Center in Annapolis, USA
Denise Visco, ocular surgeon and medical director and founder of Eyes of York in Pennsylvania, USA
Watch the discussion to learn about the following topics:
- What steps have practices taken to protect patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic? Did they use any telemedicine solutions, or conduct virtual appointments?
- What practical guidelines for reopening and working in the "new normal" can our panelists share?
- How much of a financial hit has the pandemic meant for the practice, and what can be done to get the finances back on track? Can lessons from previous financial downturns be applied?
- What do refractive practices look like after reopening and what can be done to ensure longevity of refractive surgery?
- What expectations do surgeons have for the later part of 2020 and for 2021? Will patients be more willing to go for refractive surgery after the pandemic, or spend more on premium options?
- Have virtual events or webinars been helpful? How do they compare to “the real thing?”
- And finally, are there any lessons from this time that might be useful for refractive practices long-term?
Discover Refractive Technology
FEMTO LDV Z8 - The Mobile Laser for Corneal and Cataract Surgery
The FEMTO LDV Z8 stands out as the most versatile laser platform on the market. The wide range of applications in corneal and cataract surgery can be chosen according to your needs. Read more
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Ophthalmologist site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Ophthalmologist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.