Business in Brief
CXL gets the green light in the USA, Valeant announces new CEO, and Alcon teams up with PowerVision
Mark Hillen |
- Avedro has finally received the long-awaited FDA approval for its corneal collagen cross-linking platform. The KXL System – and Photexra Viscous and Photrexa photoenhancers for use with the system – are indicated for the treatment of progressive keratoconus.
- Valeant has announced Joseph Papa from OTC pharma company Perrigo, as its new CEO. Papa is expected to join the company in early May.
- Alcon has entered a strategic alliance with PowerVision to develop fluid-based accommodating IOLs for cataract patients who also have presbyopia. The alliance will fund further clinical development and trials, and will provide Alcon with the option to purchase PowerVision.
Read the full article now
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Ophthalmologist’s entire content archive. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Ophthalmologist magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.