Business in Brief
The latest industry news in under 65 words
Aleksandra Jones | | Quick Read
- Visus Therapeutics has appointed Tracy Valorie and Dwight Moxie to its Board of Directors. Valorie was previously Senior Vice President and General Manager, US Ophthalmology Rx and Surgical at Bausch + Lomb, and Moxie acted as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Revance Therapeutics.
- AbbVie and REGENXBIO are partnering to develop and commercialize RGX-314, a potential one-time gene therapy for the treatment of wet AMD, diabetic retinopathy, and other chronic retinal diseases. RGX-314 is currently being evaluated in patients with wet AMD in a pivotal trial using subretinal delivery, and in patients with wet AMD and DR in two separate Phase II clinical trials utilizing in-office suprachoroidal delivery.
- Ocuity, a UK-based medical technology start-up, hit its $2.5 million investment target in just 24 hours, thanks to crowdfunding. The company has developed and patented contactless optical technology for precise eye measurements, and it is now in the process of developing new optical diabetes screening and monitoring devices.
- Harrow Health is entering into an agreement with Wakamoto Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd to acquire US and Canadian commercial rights for drug candidate MAQ-100, a preservative-free triamcinolone acetonide ophthalmic injection for treating DME, non-infectious uveitis, and edema associated with retinal vein occlusion.
- RxSight has appointed Steve Everly as its Vice President of US Sales. Everly served as Johnson & Johnson Vision’s Area Vice President, Surgical Sales Western US, responsible for all aspects of cataract, refractive and ocular surface product sales. The appointment follows new additions to the RxSight Board of Directors, namely Robert Palmisano, Robert Warner, and Julie Andrews.